"Replicants are like any other machine.
They are either a benefit or a hazard.
If they are a benefit, it's not my problem."
Harrison Ford in
Dr. Mario Gleirscher
Visiting Researcher in
Dependable Autonomous Machines
High Integrity Systems Engineering Group
Department of Computer Science
University of York
Contact & Directions
Deramore Lane, Heslington
York YO10 5GH, UK
T +44 (0)1904 325500
- Dependable autonomous machines (AM)
- Safety of the intended function (SOTIF)
- Engineering of safe AM controllers
- Formal methods in safety engineering
- Empirical foundations of practised system safety
- Open safety cases
- System and software verification
Publications listed on ...
Research Under Progress
- Reaching Verifiably Safest States of AMs
- Formal Analysis of Dependability Patterns for AMs
- Synergies between Assurance Argumentation and Risk Assessment
- Systematic Study of Dependability Patterns
- Replication of a Comparative Study on Safety Analysis Techniques
- Subtle Hazard Root Causes
- Use Case-based HazOp
Challenges of System Safety Practitioners:
til Aug 31 2017!
Use of Formal Methods in Practice:
til Nov 30 2017!
Office hours: Wed 2pm - 5pm
Please, request appointment in advance! Thanks.
Teaching assistance (between 2009-2014) in
(Bachelor's, Guided Research, Master's)
- (underway) Synthesis and Analysis of Dynamic Fault Trees for Design Improvement
- (underway) An Online Survey of Safety Practitioner's Demands, Problems, and Expectations
You are looking for a ...
If you are interested in getting highly automated
systems safer, -- systems such as autonomous vehicles, ships, aircrafts,
traffic control infrastructures, networked production plants --
I might have some opportunities for you to work on empirical, applied and fundamental topics.
Your work will take place in a scientific field which is
highly relevant to our society. Please, have a look at my publications
and drop me a line about your interests related to these topics.
- ... Bachelor's or Master's thesis project?
- ... student assistant project with the option of extension to a Master's thesis?
Please, also consider
our department guidelines and the following
advice for thesis projects.
Yap - Yet Another Planner
Oldschool Stuff & Miscellanea
last change: Mar 9 2017