"Replicants are like any other machine.
They are either a benefit or a hazard.
If they are a benefit, it's not my problem."
Harrison Ford in
Dr. Mario Gleirscher
Visiting Researcher in
(group led by Ana Cavalcanti and Jim Woodcock)
Department of Computer Science
University of York
Contact & Directions
Deramore Lane, Heslington
York YO10 5GH, UK
T +44 (0)1904 325500
- Dependable autonomous machines
- Formal methods for dependability
- Empirical methods for dependability
- Control theory
Contributions and Service
Research in Progress
- Reaching Verifiably Safest States
Use of Formal Methods in Practice:
til Jun 31 2018!
Office hours: Wed 2pm - 5pm
Please, request appointment in advance! Thanks.
Profile in Brief
- Passionate scientist, philosopher, constructive critic; loving logic, algebra, and writing.
- Experience as a (sub-)reviewer for more than 20 different conferences, workshops, and journals.
- 7 years of full-time research and teaching in dependable software engineering.
- Several collaborations with industrial companies (among them IBM and BMW).
- 4 years of full-time work in (aeronautics) industry and as a freelancer.
- Fan of outdoor activities, sports, travelling, and healthy cooking.
- Former skiing instructor and amateur in MTB and table tennis competitions.
Selected Achievements (Awards and Publications)
- DFG research fellowship, York, Oct 2017 - Seb 2018
- PhD Thesis [PDF], Munich, Sep 2014
- Best paper award, Software Quality Days, Vienna, Jan 2012
- Master's Thesis [PDF]
Teaching assistance (between 2009-2014) in
Modelling concurrent systems,
Safety-critical software development,
Foundations of program and system development,
(Bachelor's, Guided Research, Master's)
- CO-SUPERVISED: Dynamic Fault Trees for Design Improvement
- FINISHED: An Online Survey of Safety Practitioner's Demands, Problems, and Expectations
You are looking for a ...
Interested in verifiably correct
systems (autonomous vehicles, ships, aircrafts,
traffic control infrastructures, networked production plants)
and in empirical, applied, and fundamental topics? Drop me a line!
- ... Bachelor's or Master's thesis project?
- ... student assistant project with the option of extension to a Master's thesis?
Please, also consider
our department guidelines and the following
advice for thesis projects.
Oldschool Stuff & Miscellanea
last change: Mar 9 2017